|Posted on August 27 with 227 notes via petitpotato||Reblog|
|Posted on August 26 with 56,030 notes via squares||Reblog|
Did you ever notice that to smile we move our lips, but we never have to move our bones. If you look at a skull you’ll see those are already smiling, the lips just hide it until you move them to show it.
|Posted on August 26 with 2 notes||Reblog|
wake me when I’m off Pandora
|Posted on August 25 with 2 notes||Reblog|
19. What is the most difficult thing for you to draw?
Well, I find a lot of things difficult. The human face is up there, but I’d say MOST difficult is cars. When I draw a car, I’m pretty sure it could be confused with car drawings from my childhood. Ha!
22. Are you confident that you’re improving steadily?
Actually, I am. While I might not be making leaps and bounds every day, I often feel like more things go onto the paper closer to the way I mean them too. And more often I feel like individual lines go the way I intend them to.
25. Do you like to draw in silence, or with music?
Depends on the day. More often I draw with music (or draw while watching someone else stream because then it feels more like an art party, so I listen to their music). But sometimes I just hang out on my couch with my sketchbook, or outside in the park and I don’t feel like anything is missing without the music.
30. What inspires you to not just make art, but to be a better artist?
I’d say a lot of it is seeing what other artists do, and how they do things differently. It makes me want to try out new ways of doing things and seeing things. I’d also say storytelling (and stories I love), make me want to be able to tell better/clearer stories. And lastly, the chance that I might some day be able to make a living off of making things up and drawing them.
|Posted on August 24 with 2 notes||Reblog|
- Do you prefer traditional drawing, or digital?
- How long have you been drawing?
- How many classes have you taken?
- Do you have a DeviantArt, personal website, or art blog?
- What’s your favorite thing to draw?
- What’s your least favorite thing to draw?
- How often do you use references?
- Do you draw professionally, or just for fun?
- How much time do you spend drawing on an average day?
- Are you confident about your art?
- How many art-related blogs do you follow?
- Is it okay for people to ask you about your process?
- Do you prefer to keep your art personal, or do you like drawing things for other people?
- Do you ever collaborate with others?
- How long does an average piece take you to complete?
- Do you draw more today than you did in the past, or do you draw less?
- Do you think you’re justified in giving other people art advice?
- What are you currently trying to improve on?
- What is the most difficult thing for you to draw?
- What is the easiest thing for you to draw?
- Do you like to challenge yourself?
- Are you confident that you’re improving steadily?
- Do you draw more fanart, or more original art?
- Do you feel jealous when you see other people’s art, or inspired? (Be honest!)
- Do you like to draw in silence, or with music?
- For digital artists: what program(s) do you use?
- For digital artists: how many layers does a typical piece require?
- For traditional artists: what medium do you like most? (Pencil, charcoals, etc)
- For traditional artists: How do you usually start on a big piece? (Light sketch, colored lead, sketchpaper, etc)
- What inspires you to not just make art, but to be a better artist?
|Posted on August 24 with 13,849 notes via dogbomber||Reblog|
Some things from my sketchbook. That place is a wondrous world of things that never needed to be.
|Posted on August 24 with 1 note||Reblog|
some bees with brush pen
|Posted on August 22 with 3 notes||Reblog|
Sorry for the lack of updates. I went on a short summer holiday to Michigan to visit family. After returning home I caught a cold (yuck!)
But! Good news is while I’ve been gone I’ve gotten 100 new follower friends! Woo-hoo!
To celebrate I’m having another GIVEAWAY!
Like, or reblog this post for a chance to win one of the pictured prints I have currently available! <3
Thank you guys so much! I appreciate each and every single one of you for checking out my work and supporting me. <3
Giveaway ends on Thursday, August 28th at 11:59 pm MST
|Posted on August 22 with 14 notes via lioninthetrees||Reblog|
Oh my goodness, I never fill a sketchbook - I gotta change that!
I’ve seen several posts on why it’s important to fill sketchbooks. And why it’s important to have a sketchbook that’s a personal place that no one else sees. It’s easier to make mistakes in them and make progress in improving when you don’t have to worry about anyone seeing it.
So, since I would often rip pages out of my book, or abandon them, I challenged myself to finish a book from cover to cover. For this next book I’m going to challenge myself to fill every page as much as possible!
I’m also working on a “wreck this journal” to help me overcome the fear of “ruining” a sketchbook with my own work.
You should let me know how your next sketchbook goes!
|Posted on August 21 with 2 notes||Reblog|